Lincoln Mark VII -
Lincoln's Mark Series had been around since 1956. It finally ended with the Mark VIII, in 1998.
In 1984, the Lincoln Mark VII made it's debut with a
was built on Ford's
platform that hosted nearly a dozen different
Ford/Lincoln/Mercury models from '79 - '93.
**First conceived in 1986,
the Mark VII SVO was created from the sporty Mark VII LSC and enhanced by Ford's SVO performance team.
**Although, not specifically planned for production in this form, a carriage top Mark VII was all that Ford donated for the prototype; and so represented a possible convertible option.
**Additionally, due to the fact that the Mark VII was to be discontinued at the end of '92, the Ford/Lincoln motor division did not see a point in producing the SVO model.
**The Mark VII SVO project was scrapped.
**SVO's LED Oil Pressure Gauge.
* The SVO Mark VII was to be available only in Twilight Blue clear coat metallic paint with a non-chrome black-out scheme.
* The low profile hood scoop was reproduced from the 1982 Mustang GT series and was drawn in for the first draft. It is non-functional.
* There are "SVO" and "5-speed" trunk emblems. "Mark VII" and "Lincoln" emblems do not appear anywhere on the Mark VII SVO .
* The only Lincoln symbol can be seen on the trunk key cover.
* Deeper offset BBS-type
aluminum wheels with 225/60/ZR16 radials.
* Ford performance bucket seats in heavy dark blue cloth and velour with manual thigh bolsters and power lumbar support. Taken from the '87-'88 Turbo Coupe.
* In-dash LED Oil pressure gauge. An oil pressure gauge was absent from all previous Mark VII models ('84-'92). Many owners questioned this omission in a performance car.
* Distinctive LED tail lights
were uniquely created for this SVO Mark VII.
* Mike built a 347 Stroker motor rated at 450+ HP. Includes a high lift X303 camshaft and Trick Flow intake with AFR 185 CNC ported heads.
* Trick Flow "Track Heat" intake.
* '93 Mustang Cobra Mass-Airflow Fuel Injection
enhanced EEC IV - X3Z computer.
* 70mm throttle body.
* 70mm airflow meter/sensor.
* 24 lb. fuel injectors. Used with the '93 Cobra X3Z ECM.
* 190 lph fuel pump.
* Aftermarket BBK Headers and 2 1/2" dual
exhaust system with newly designed X-Pipe technology vs. the standard H-Pipe
designs of the time. The tail pipes were shown under the rear quarter
panels similar to the Mustang LX. But they were black, unlike the bright
stainless pipes used for the Mustang. A note was made to have them
blued like gun metal. The prototype has black tailpipes.
* Coil spring fitment replaces AirSprings. Complete suspension system was taken from the '88 Turbo Coupe.
* Heavy Duty front and rear sway bars. These were also taken from the '88 Turbo Coupe part supply.
* A-5 manual transmission
from Astro Performance.
This is a high alloy geared transmission rated at 650HP
and 525 ft. lbs. of torque!
* 3.73 rear end gears with Ford's Traction-loc differential and 4 wheel antilock disc brakes. (The Mark VII was the first American car to offer anti-lock brakes in 1985).
The car, ideas and designs were conceived by Mike Kaminski.
The current location of this original Mark VII SVO model is Clearwater, Florida, USA.
The original car at the paint shop...